TCG Button

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Origin of Life

Col 1:16  For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth,
visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all
things were created by him and for him. 17  He is before all things, and in
him all things hold together.

There is a beautiful hibiscus bush just outside my very dirty office window. 

I love that bush.  It gives me something pretty to look at out my window, and I enjoy watching the humming birds and chickadees that visit for nectar and bugs.  Yesterday, I was writing Sunday’s sermon and praying over it as I went when the Lord took my thinking somewhere unexpected.

Before I go any further, isn’t that just like God?  I’ve got an agenda, my sermon, but He’s got something more immediate in mind.  And, isn’t that the adventure of relationship with Jesus Christ and life in His Spirit?  You never know where He’ll lead you!  That’s exciting!!!

I was meditating on the never-changing nature of God and the ever-new exploration of the person of God when He gave me an open vision of my hibiscus bush.  In the vision, I rapidly saw the bush grow from the small thing that was planted many years ago to the large bush that it is today.  Suddenly, I understood the changes that the plant went through, and the Lord gave me a revelation that He is the source of life not only for my hibiscus, but for all living things.  

Jesus Christ is the origin of life, the source of life, and the fountain of living.  Knowing Christ is not only what you now know, but more than you now know.

The closer you get to Jesus, and the more you act on your relationship with Jesus, the more your life and living will grow to look like Jesus.


1 comment: