TCG Button

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 
 -- 2 Cor 10:3-5

I have to "make" my thoughts obedient to Christ.  Jesus Christ has set me free spirit, soul, and body, and I choose what I think about myself and those around me.  Please note that it's not that I CAN choose I already DO choose what I think about. 

Freedom abdicated is still a free choice.  I am always free to turn to the Lord in prayer.  I am always free to turn to the Lord for His Wisdom.  I am free to act on His Word, but all of this starts in my thoughts.

I should never be surprised if my world reflects what I am thinking because my actions originate in my thoughts.  I must take my thoughts captive and make my thoughts obey Christ.

How do I do that?  I pray and ask the Lord to show me what thoughts are pleasing to Him and what thoughts are not.  I read and meditate upon His Word, and I refuse to think negatively.  And, I am getting better at it every day, because God is in me.  He wants me to succeed, because He loves me.

I pray that you too can take captive all of your thoughts and make them obey Jesus Christ.  It is in Jesus’ name I pray and receive – Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment